As with all shopping websites, we collect personal information from you when you shop online at willowbug.co.uk
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We need it to process your order, inform you of any delays or problems and occasionally to send you special offers and promotions.
- The information we collect is:
- Your name – so we know what to call you
- Email address – so we can email your order confirmations, delivery delays, offers etc.
- Delivery address – so we know where to send your parcel
- Telephone number – we’ll only call if we have a delivery problem or to talk to you about your order
- Credit card details – we only ask for these when you place an order (and are not saved)
- Mobile number – so we can text or call you with details about your orders or where we have a question
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards.
We use encryption to safeguard your credit card information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. Look at the bottom of this page, you'll see a logo with a padlock and a thumbs up, this is our verification certificate supplied by Comodo. Go on, roll over it (and click it if you like) and you'll see our certificate of security.
This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
Our online card payments are processed by our payment partner Worldpay, who are certified to the highest level of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To process your payments.
- To fulfil your order and administer your account.
- To disclose information about you to any relevant regulator if they require it or to anyone else if there is a legal duty to do so.
- The information held about you, may also be used to analyse your shopping preferences as part of our marketing. This may help us to select and tailor products, services or special discounts and to inform you about any of those we think you will be interested to hear about.
- To send you brochures, leaflets, catalogues and other promotional material for our products and services.
- We may contact you by mail, telephone, e-mail, text message or any other reasonable method for marketing, product research or customer satisfaction surveys. If you do not wish to be contacted by us or if you have any queries about data protection, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Willow Bug is a registered data user under the Data Protection Act. We will never pass on your details onto a third party for marketing purposes.
There are only three circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
To see all the information we have about you, and to correct any inaccuracies, please write to:
Willow Bug Ltd
78 Beckenham Road